The Atlantic Economic Corridor (AEC) will drive significant regional development, complementing and balancing Ireland’s thriving East Coast.
The AEC is the term applied to a non-administrative or “linear” region along the Western seaboard, stretching from Kerry to Donegal. The aim is to build and increase collaboration within the AEC that maximises its assets, attracts investment and creates jobs and prosperity in the region.
The Department of Rural and Community Development is the department that is helping to progress the project and develop a clearly articulated road-map for delivery of the AEC objectives.
The AEC taskforce comprises Departments and Public Bodies, Universities / IT Sector, Chambers Group & Business Leaders.
The AEC task-force is chaired by Minister of State Seán Canney.
Departments and Public Bodies
- Department of Rural and Community Development
- Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation
- Department of Housing, Planning, Community and Local Government
- Department of Education and Skills
- Department of the Taoiseach
- Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport
- Department of Communications, Climate Action and Environment
- Údarás na Gaeltachta
- Northern & Western Assembly (Director)
- Southern Assembly (Director)
- Western Development Commission
- Enterprise Ireland
- Shannon Group
- Regional Skills Fora
Universities / IT SectorDepartments and Public Bodies
- University of Limerick
- Limerick Institute of Technology
- Letterkenny Institute of Technology (LYIT)
- Institute of Technology, Sligo
Chambers Group& Business Leaders
- AEC Business Forum (Lead Advocate)
- Sligo Chamber
- Galway Chamber
- Shannon Chamber
- Mayo Chamber